Slow Cooker Apple-Cinnamon Oats (Vegan)
A healthy and easy make-ahead recipe for your hectic mornings. As an added bonus, this delicious overnight breakfast recipe will have your house smelling like freshly baked apple pie when you wake up in the morning. Mmmm...
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for supporting my work & mission. Read my full disclosure here.
Important Notes and Tips
1. Cooking times are based on using steel cut oats only. We did not test other types of oats for this recipe.
2. Line or heavily grease the sides of your slow cooker crock before preparing this recipe. The oats will stick to the sides and will be very difficult to remove.
Tool(s) Used to Make Slow Cooker Apple-Cinnamon Oats
Slow Cooker Apple-Cinnamon Oats
Pin it for later. Save it to your Vegan, Slow Cooker or Healthy Recipes board.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 hours
1 medium apple, cored and diced
½ cup pecans, chopped
Real maple syrup
1. Add oats, water, cider, apples, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt to greased or lined slow cooker crock and stir to combine.
2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Actual cooking time will vary depending on your slow cooker, so check for doneness after 5 hours and adjust cooking time accordingly.
3. To serve, allow to cool slightly before spooning into bowls and topping with fresh chopped apples, pecans, and some real maple syrup, if desired.
Will you try it? Let us know in the comments.