Hi, I'm Mary!
I am a spoonie. If that sounds like a little odd to you, check out the Spoon Theory. Yes, I’ve lived with an invisible illness. Like most spoonies, I am very familiar with these:
- Feelings of loneliness and isolation. That awkward feeling when you always tell your friends that you can't make it when they invite you to hang out or when you cancel appointments at the last minute way too often.
- You have 8-9 hours of sleep and you wake up exhausted like everything hurts! Then getting up needs to be done slowly with some mental preparation.
- You can go from feeling 100% to 0% in a matter of hours.
- You love a structured and well-planned day but each day greatly depends on how you feel each morning.
- Humiliation because of unpredictable episodes!
- You rest up for days before you go out and socialize. Then you recover from them for another couple of days.
- You’ve been to a lot of doctors and they couldn’t clearly tell you what’s wrong. And it’s been years!
- You’ve heard comments or questions like: “You need to get out more.”, “Are you getting enough sleep?”, “You’re just stressed.”, “You’re so weak.”, “You’re just tired.”, “We struggle, too.”, “I know how it feels.”, “Are you better yet?”
And I can go on and on…
Despite all the disappointments, frustrations and heartaches, deep down I believed that one day I will be released from this struggle. I will get better. I will be well again.
I was designed in God’s image and likeness. He intelligently designed my body to heal itself.
Through prayers and persistence, I’ve met holistic health experts and thriving spoonies who led me to one of the biggest keys that turned my health around.
It was nutrition.
I let go of some of the foods that were hurting my body and started to add foods that give me life.
It was not an overnight thing. It has taken me years!
Now, please don’t get me wrong. I still get bad days. But I’m getting more good days than bad. More spoons every day (yay!). Dramatic decrease in pains and discomforts.
And I know I will get better and better and better. I am reclaiming my health!
And I want that for you, too.
Well, you are probably here for one of two reasons:
- You are a spoonie and you want to thrive again.
- Someone you care about has a chronic illness, and you want to help them.
Whatever your reason is, I want to help you in your journey. I am with you.
I’d love to tell you more, so see you on the other side?
Disclaimer: The materials and content contained on this site are for general health information only and are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.